WED, OCT 15, 2014 09:00 EST
Lulu.com , the pioneer in independent publishing, today announced its fall conference line-up. Dan Dillon, director, product marketing, and Glenn Hunt, sr. technical writer, will be speaking at three panels at the upcoming Self-Publishing Book Expo. Additionally, Lulu’s founder and chairman, Bob Young, who works to keep Lulu and the industry at the front of digital disruption and thereby ensures Lulu.com’s audience has the most innovative platform to work with, will be speaking at three key digital conferences this fall.
The upcoming events include:
- All Things Open – October 22, 2014 in Raleigh, NC
- Speaker: Bob Young
- Topic: So You Want to Start an Open Source Company?
- Free Software and Open Source Symposium (FSOSS) @Seneca College – October 23, 2014 in Toronto, Canada
- Keynote: Bob Young
- Internet Summit – November 12, 2014 in Raleigh, NC
- Featured Speaker: Bob Young
- Self-Publishing Book Expo – November 15, 2014 in New York, NY
- Speakers: Dan Dillon and Glenn Hunt
- Session: Team Building – With a wealth of new resources at your disposal, deciding if you need a team (and who should be on it) has become a much simpler process. In this session you’ll learn from the pros and from fellow authors, where you can go it alone, when and where you might need help and how you can find it.
- Advanced Marketing – More experienced authors will gain even greater knowledge of marketing techniques that will help boost sales. Topics covered in this session will include, how and where to advertise, targeted bookstore promotions, blog ads, reading groups, how to reach libraries and librarians and how to create and upload a book trailer.
- Formatting: One of the many advantages of self-publishing is having the power to choose which format to present your work. Hardcovers, paperbacks, eBooks, audiobooks are all viable options depending on your audience and your level of expertise. Join this informative session to learn all you need to produce a book in the right format for you.
If you would like to arrange an on-site briefing with a Lulu team member, or for more information on the upcoming speaking engagements, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .